Falling for Sarah (Bodyguards of LA County #2)
by Cate Beauman
Publication Date: October 10, 2012
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Romance
Widow Sarah Johnson struggled to pick up the pieces after her life was ripped apart. After two years of grieving, she’s found contentment in her thriving business as photographer to Hollywood’s A-list and in raising her angel-faced daughter, Kylee… until bodyguard and long-time friend Ethan Cooke changes everything with a searing moonlight kiss.
Sarah’s world turns upside down as she struggles with her unexpected attraction to Ethan and the guilt of betraying her husband’s memory. But when blue roses and disturbing notes start appearing on her doorstep, she has no choice but to lean on Ethan as he fights to save her from a stalker that won’t stop until he has what he prizes most.
Only 0.99 for a limited time!
Saving Sofie (Bodyguards of L.A. County #1)
Jewelry designer Sophie Burke has fled Maine for the anonymity of the big city. She’s starting over with a job she tolerates and a grungy motel room she calls home on the wrong side of town, but anything is better than the nightmare she left behind.
Stone McCabe is Ethan Cooke Security’s brooding bad boy more interested in keeping to himself than anything else—until the gorgeous blond with haunted violet eyes catches his attention late one rainy night.
Stone reluctantly gives Sophie a hand only to quickly realize that the shy beauty with the soft voice and pretty smile has something to hide. Tangled up in her secrets, Stone offers Sophie a solution that has the potential to free her from her problems once and for all—or jeopardize both of their lives.
25 Random Fun Facts About Romantic Suspense Author Cate Beauman
- Most of my story ideas come from watching hours of crime television/documentaries.
- Music is a major part of my writing process. Great songs are very motivating—kind of like when you find an amazing jam to exercise to.
- My family and I currently reside in North Carolina. We love it here. We get the opportunity to experience four seasons with winter being the shortest. I’m not a huge fan of cold weather, so that works out well!
- We have two huge Saint Bernards. Over 300 pounds of big fury love!
- For most of my adult life, I worked with children with moderate to severe special needs. I loved it.
- I like to try recipes I think my characters would want to eat.
- I often dream that my finger is stuck on the delete key or that I’m rewriting scenes that are perfectly fine.
- When I’m writing the first draft of a new book, I hardly sleep.
- I think Homeport by Nora Roberts was pretty important to my writing/reading life. I was never a big reader until one of my girlfriends made me promise to give Ms. Robert’s book a try. I fell in love and devoured every romantic suspense novel I could get my hands on after that.
- I also love the book He’s Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. I love the honesty among the pages of that book. Why would anyone want to spend time with someone who doesn’t value you and want to spend time with you?
- My husband reads every word I write and critiques my stories.
- When I get writer’s block I take a shower. For some reason it seems to get ideas flowing again!
- All of the titles in the Bodyguards of L.A. County series have the heroines name in them along with a word that describes the story itself
- I usually fill an entire spiral notebook with additional ideas for a story by the time I’ve completed a novel.
- Villains play a large part in my novels. I love trying to get in their heads and see how they’ll cause obstacles for my heroes and heroines.
- I write for sheer entertainment. If my readers forgot about their troubles for a little while and enjoyed a good story, I’ve done my job.
- I remember finishing a Nora Roberts novel and saying, “I’m going to do that.” She is so inspiring!
- I remember the day I told my husband that I was going to write a book. I think he thought I had lost my mind, but he supported me anyway and has continued to be my biggest champion.
- I love weaving romance and suspense together. Both romance and suspense are intensified when the hero and heroine have a lot to lose
- At some point during each novel, I’m certain I don’t want to be a writer any more. Then I finish the book and I can’t imagine doing anything else.
- I keep notebooks in my car, purse, etc. because I never know when an idea will come to me.
- I recently started writing Deceiving Bella, book eleven in the Bodyguards of L.A. County series which I hope to release this summer.
- The first editor I shared my work with told me not to quit my day job and refused my manuscript.
- I would have to say that one of the biggest things I have learned throughout my writing journey is to support myself, trust who I am as a person and as a writer. I think that’s vital to thriving in an often brutal industry.
- Never be afraid to learn, go after what you want, grow from rejection, and be thankful every single minute for your tragedies and triumphs.
About the Author
International bestselling author Cate Beauman is known for her full-length, action-packed romantic suspense series, The Bodyguards of L.A. County. Her novels have been nominated for the National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award, National Indie Excellence Award, Golden Quill Award, Writers Touch Award, and have been named Readers Favorite Five Star books. In 2015, JUSTICE FOR ABBY was selected as the Readers’ Favorite International Book Award Gold Medalist, while SAVING SOPHIE took the Silver Medal. SAVING SOPHIE was also selected as the 2015 Readers Crown Award winner for Romantic Suspense and FALLING FOR SARAH received the silver medal for the 2014 Readers’ Favorite Awards.Cate makes her home in North Carolina with her husband, two boys, and their St. Bernards, Bear and Jack.
Cate makes her home in North Carolina with her husband, two boys, and their St. Bernards, Bear and Jack. Currently Cate is working on Deceiving Bella, the eleventh novel in her popular Bodyguards series. For information on Cate’s new releases, monthly giveaways, and upcoming events, sign up for her newsletter at: http://www.catebeauman.com/author/home.html#!newsletter-sign-up/c9td